To me, external engagement, be it research, teaching, or outreach, is an essential part of being an academic.
I co-convene and teach in the module "Non-human primate morphology" which runs in the Erasmus Mundus Programme European Master in Comparative Vertebrate Morphology (Antwerp, Poznán).
I engage in numerous outreach and public engagement activities, which I really enjoy. Recently I have been involved in events such as Meet the Scientists (World Museum, Liverpool), Pint of Science (Liverpool; as a speaker and as a host), and SciBar (Widnes and Kirkby). I am mentoring sixth-form students for the Social Mobility Foundation.
I have taken up editorial roles in addition to being an active reviewer (Publons record, winner of a 2018 Peer Reviewer Award). I co-organised symposia and conferences such as the 2013 Congress of the European Federation for Primatology and the 2015 Footwear Biomechanics Symposium in Liverpool.
- International Society of Biomechanics (Member)
- Footwear Biomechanics Group (Member)
- International Foot and Ankle Biomechanics Community (i-FAB) (Member)
- Anatomical Society (Member)
- Primate Society of Great Britain (Member)
- Higher Education Academy (Fellow)
- Institute for Leadership and Management (Member)
- Footwear Science (Editorial Board Member 2018 - )
- Bulletins et Mémoires de la Société d'Anthropologie de Paris (Member of the Reading Committee 2017 - )
- American Journal of Physical Anthropology (Associate Editor 2009 - 2014)
- Liverpool John Moores University (PhD 2019)
- University of Western Australia (Australia) (PhD 2019)
- Université de Bordeaux (France) (PhD 2019)
- University of Kent (MSc 2017)
- University of Birmingham (PhD 2017)
- Antwerp University (Belgium) (PhD 2017)
- University of Birmingham (PhD 2016)
- Royal Veterinary College London (PhD 2016)
- Muséum National d'Histoire Naturelle, Paris & Université Paris Descartes (France) (PhD 2016)
- Muséum National d'Histoire Naturelle, Paris (France) (PhD 2015)
- University of Birmingham (PhD 2011)
- Ghent University (Belgium) (PhD 2011)
- Ghent University (Belgium) (PhD 2010)
- George Washington University (USA) (PhD 2009)
- Muséum National d'Histoire Naturelle, Paris (France) (PhD 2007)
- Ghent University (Belgium) (PhD 2006)
- Ghent University (Belgium) (PhD 2004)