I am interested in the role of epigenetic mechanisms in musculoskeletal tissues homeostasis, specifically the aspects related to decline of muscle, cartilage and tendon function and regenerative potential. We use in vitro and in vivo model systems to study the functional aspects of dysregulation of epigenetic mechanisms during ageing. Our aim is to establish novel biomarkers and therapeutics against age-related disorders of the musculoskeletal tissues.
Our research is funded by BBSRC, Dunhill Medical Trust, Orthopaedic Research UK, CIMA.
- Oral presentation (Invitation to Speak, American Aging Association 2015)
- Exceptional contribution in Fellow role (Institute of Ageing and Chronic Disease 2015)
- Exceptional contribution in Fellow role (Institute of Ageing and Chronic Disease 2014)
- Korenchevsky Award (British Society for Research on Ageing 2014)
- MSB II Journal Club Organiser
- MSB II Health & Safety Officer
- IACD Athena Swan Committee member
- Deputy of Animal Welfare IACD Representative
- IACD GMO Committee member