Metabolic and Physiological Imaging
Muscle metabolism, function and disease; Liver fat and body composition; Magnetic resonance spectroscopy in vivo; Metabolic control; Brain magnetic resonance imaging
Research Group Membership
- Randomised, single blind study to assess efficacy of combination therapy of dapagliflozin with exanitide LAR versus exanatide LAR monotherapy in obese (BMI>35 kg/m2) patients with type 2 diabetes mellitus (RESILIENT)
- Effects of access fistula on sensorimotor function of the hand and muscle blood flow measurement.
- Reporting trends and risks of workplace injury.
- Technology Platform Collaborative Bid
- Paul Broca II
- Noninvasive magnetic resonance spectroscopic and near infrared spectroscopic studies of muscle biochemistry in haemodialysis patients.
- In vivo imaging technologies to assess the efficacy and safety of RMTs
- The effects of exercise training on visceral fat, insulin sensitivity, beta cell function and triglyceride kinetics in patients with non-alcoholic fatty liver disease (NAFLD)
- Effects of exercise prescription on muscle metabolism and clinical state in patients on haemodialysis.
- One year Research Fellowship.
- Zinc-alpha2-glycoprotein (ZAG): A ‘friend or foe’ in obesity-induced insulin resistance and non-alcoholic fatty liver disease (NAFLD)?
- KEL09/08 - Improved sensor systems for medical imaging
- Physiological systems integration in the optimisation of exercise tolerance
- Centre of Excellence in musculoskeletal ageing research (MRC CIMA)
Dr Alison Sleigh
External: The University of Cambridge
31P MRS studies of skeletal muscle
Dr Dan Cuthbertson
1H MRS and MRI studies in obesity and insulin resistant-states
Prof Qi-Yong Gong
External: West China Hospital of Sichuan University
MR studies of brain
Dr Vanessa Sluming
MRI studies of brain
Dr Harry Rossiter
External: The University of Leeds
Magnetic resonance spectroscopy-based studies of human muscle physiology
Prof Ewald Moser
External: The University of Vienna
Studies of muscle metabolism by 31P MRS
Prof Simon Frostick
EMG and functional studies of shoulder