Musculoskeletal Biology Patient Involvement Panel
The Institute of Ageing and Chronic Disease Musculoskeletal Biology Patient Involvement Panel (PIP) was established in 2017.
Chaired by Dr Helen Wright, the panel is a way for our researchers to access the valuable input of patients into their work.
Meetings are held 3 times a year with the aim of:
- Providing a new pair of eyes for reseach ideas
- Helping researchers to write lay summaries
- Reviewing applications to funders that require public involvement
- Helping researchers present their research in an easy to understand manner
Our panel is made up of around 10 patient insight partners who together have personal or family experience of a wide range of musculoskeletal conditions, including:
- Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Psoriatic Arthritis
- Ankylosing Spondylitis
- Systemic Lupus Erythematosus
- Behçets Disease
For more information on the activities of the PIP or how to become a patient insight partner, please contact email@example.com