Knot Theory at Liverpool
Members and associates of the Research Group
We maintain a
list of our publications,
which includes PostScript copies of some recent preprints.
There are also some
braid programs, mainly in Pascal, for calculating a number of knot invariants.
Areas of Interest
Hugh's interests include:
- Fibred knots and links.
- Braids and closed braid presentations of links.
- Satellite knots and links.
- Skein theory and quantum group link invariants.
- 3-manifold invariants.
- Vassiliev invariants.
- Applications to textiles.
Peter has worked mainly on the combinatorial aspects of knots. This has included
Recent work has concentrated on arc-presentations of knots.
For an introduction to this area see the overview article in the
Warsaw Proceedings, 1995,
identifying the structure shared by the alternating and positive links to form
the more generalised class of homogeneous links.
relating topological properties to knot polynomials.
finding techniques for identifying prime and simple knots.
You may also enjoy his collection of material on the
Victor's interests include:
- invariants (especially those of Vassiliev type) of Legendrian knots,
regular planar curves and planar wave fronts.
- Vassiliev type invariants of mappings.