Wooden paddle steamer Shamrock built Bland & Challoner, Liverpool, 1824
199 nrt, 116 x 30 x 11 ft
Beam engines 100 hp by Fawcett & Co., boilers by Thomas Vernon & Co.
First owner Liverpool & Belfast Steam Packet Company, registered Liverpool
From 1831, owned City of Dublin Steam Packet Co. (reg. at Dublin)
From 1843 registered at Newry (service Newry - Liverpool)
1845 for sale and bought McLeod, reg. Liverpool
More history.
Voyage Liverpool to St. John's, New Brunswick, with coal
Captain D Mackay and 15 crew
Foundered 15 September 1845, at 50°51 N, 10°50 W. 60 miles west of Ireland.
Wreck info.
All crew rescued by brig Jane of Sunderland, Captain Bridge, bound for Swansea.

[from Liverpool Mercury - Friday 02 July 1824]:
On Wednesday was launched from the building yard of Messrs. Bland and Challinor[sic], a beautiful new Steam-packet, equal to any yet built at this port, she is named the Shamrock, and is intended for the conveyance of goods and passengers between this port and Belfast.

Advert for Shamrock sailing from Belfast to Liverpool.

Liverpool Mail - Saturday 05 July 1845
  Sale: On Tuesday the 15th instant, at D. Tonge's Office, 7, Castle-street, Liverpool, if not previously disposed of by Private Contract,
  The well-known Schooner Steamer SHAMROCK, formerly running between Newry and Liverpool, length 116 feet, breadth 30 feet, depth 11 feet, registers 99-92 tenths[sic] new, old 192 7-94th tons. Built in Liverpool of the best materials, well-found in stores, has two Beam Engines, manufactured by Fawcett and Co., of 100 horse-power, boilers by Thomas Vernon and Co., and nearly new. Her hull and materials are in first-rate order, having lately received extensive overhaul, she is a beautiful model, and excellent sea boat. For further particulars apply D. TONGE, 7, Castle-street, Liverpool.

  SHIPWRECK OF A STEAMER. (From the Cardiff and Merthyr Guardian, Sept. 19.) Arrived at Penarth Roads, on Thursday, the brig Jane, of Sunderland, Bridges, master, from Pugwash, Nova Scotia, but bound for Swansea (having been driven up channel by stress of weather), and having on board Mr. D. Mackay, master, and the crew of the steamer Shamrock of Liverpool - fifteen in number - which foundered at sea whilst on her voyage for St. John's, New Brunswick. The following particulars we gather from the entries in the Shamrock's log-book, with a view of which we have been obligingly favoured. This vessel left the Coburg Dock, Liverpool, on the 6th instant. Everything proceeded favourably at sea until Saturday, the 13th instant, when there was a strong breeze from NW by W, which breeze gradually increased to a gale. Towards daylight they found the ship making more water than usual, which obliged the crew to keep the pumps on deck as well as the force pumps attached to the engine at work. The ship laboured heavily, and the sea made a complete breach over her. By observation at noon they found they were in lat. 50 49 N. and long. 16 19 W by chronometer. In the afternoon the wind blew a whole gale - all hands were at the pumps, and with difficulty were enabled to keep her free. At six p.m., they found the water gaining upon them, and the sea becoming higher. From the violence of the gale they found great difficulty in keeping her head to the wind. At 8h. 30m. they were obliged to keep her away [run down wind] for the safety of ship and crew, and by so doing the speed of the engines was increased. Although the water was over the platform, they succeeded by immense exertions at the pumps in gaining on the water. In this manner they continued for some time - all hands at the deck pumps, heavy gales, and making the best of their way with all possible sail and steam, finding, however, great difficulty in keeping the fires up owing to the height of water in the hold. On Sunday, the 14th, they had to contend with all their former difficulties, as well as a strong gale from the NW by W, attended by heavy flashes of lightning. A tremendous sea was running, causing the vessel to roll and pitch fearfully. At noon they found they were in lat. 50 43 N., and long., by ch., 14 7 W.
  On Monday, the 15th, they had a continuation of the gale, from NNW to W.NW, with showers of rain and heavy squalls. A very heavy tremendous sea continued running. At 3 a.m., she was making 2.5 feet of water per hour, and all the men were working the pumps with the utmost diligence - the master steering, every one else working hard in endeavouring to keep down the water by pumping and heaving with buckets. At daylight, they observed a brig steering in the same direction as they were proceeding, and running with double-reefed top-sails and fore-sail. The steamer kept her course, in order not to lose sight of the brig in case of emergency, the crew continuing their exertions at the pumps. At 10 a.m., the starboard deck pump became choked, and they now found the water gaining so fast upon them that they made a signal of distress to the brig. Other of the pumps then became choked, caused by the washing about in the hold of the coal, so that they were left to endeavour to keep the vessel clear with one pump, aided by the use of the buckets. The water gained rapidly upon them - the crew became exhausted and dispirited from their protracted and dreadful exertions - the vessel was in a sinking state - the water was ascending high in the engine-room - and in this last extremity of distress the master and crew took to the boats, being at the time 60 miles from land, and having no means of keeping the vessel afloat. They then, after a laborious and dangerous passage in the boats, the sea running very high, succeeded at two p.m., in reaching the brig, which proved to be the Jane, of Sunderland, having only saved a portion of their clothing. On leaving the steamer there was more than five feet of water in the hold, so that it was impossible she could live three hours afterwards; they were then in lat. 50.51 N, and long, by chr. 10.50 W. As stated in the commencement, the Jane was bound for Swansea, but was driven up to Penarth roads by stress of weather, bringing with her the crew of the steamer. The means of furnishing our readers with this account was only placed at our disposal at a very late hour on Thursday night, so that, as it has been most hurriedly compiled, it possibly may be found to be inaccurate in some of its details.