- In September 2004, the University of Liverpool and Xi'an Jiaotong University agreed to establish a new autonomous institution, the Xi'an Jiaotong-Liverpool University.
- XJTLU was officially approved by the Ministry of Education and established on 22nd May 2006.
- After an initial intake of just 164 students, the university has grown rapidly to over 15,000 students on campus.
XJTLU is the largest international collaborative university in China.
To become a research-led international university in China and a Chinese university recognised internationally for its unique features in learning and teaching, research, social service, and education management.
- Educate technical and managerial professionals with international perspectives and competitive capabilities
- Integrate global economic and social development with expertise in business and technology
- With our unique focuses and features, conduct research in areas where humanity faces severe challenges
- Explore new models for higher education that will exert a strong influence on the development of education in China and the world.