The Pathways Programme supports young people from less advantaged backgrounds to access leading universities and graduate careers. Pathways is a partnership programme that is run by the University of Liverpool and the Sutton Trust - two organisations providing the skills, knowledge and experience to help young people progress into exclusive graduate careers.
The programme consists of 3 projects that will support students from the start of Year 12 until they progress into their chosen university. Each project will provide students with the information, advice and guidance they need to take the next step into university and ensure they are on the right Pathway to a successful and rewarding graduate career.
The programme is completely free to attend. All costs, including travel, accommodation, food and activities, are paid for by the Sutton Trust and the University of Liverpool.
Pathways project streams:
- Pathways to Law
- Pathways to Banking & Finance
- Pathways to Engineering
Each project will allow students to develop a better understanding of what it is like to study at university, gain an insight into their chosen subject, engage with staff and students on our University campus and take part in valuable work experience placements relevant to the chosen career.
Each project will:
- equip students with essential knowledge of their chosen subject and the graduate career options
- improve key skills to enable students to make a successful progression into university and onto their future careers
- boost confidence in their academic work and with their plans for the future
- provide opportunities to meet current undergraduates, staff from the University of Liverpool and visit other universities that are participating in the Pathways Programme
- provide academic mentoring support to help students with the A-Level/BTEC studies.
This year the programme will take a blended approach, with a mixture of online events and some face-to-face events on campus when it is safe to do so.
Find out more about each Pathways project stream: