Before you access the online module
Before accessing the Liverpool Welcome module, you will need to activate your University computing account.
Confirming your identity using our two-factor authentication
Before you can access the online module, you will be required to confirm your identity using our two-factor authentication service Duo. Two-factor authentication is commonly used for online services such as banking and helps keep our systems secure.
It is a really simple process to enrol your mobile and to use Duo to access services.
We recommend you use the Duo Mobile app which can be downloaded to your smartphone.
If you don't have a smartphone you can enrol to use SMS text messages.
Alternatively, there are additional options, including a hardware token or YubiKey which are available on request. Please contact the Service Desk for advice.
How to enrol your phone using the Duo App
- Download the Duo Mobile app from the Apple App store or Google Play.
- Visit the University Duo enrolment portal to enrol your mobile device.
How to access the Liverpool Welcome module
- Access the Liverpool Welcome module
- On the next screen, enter your University email address and password and click sign in
- Next, you will be asked how you want to confirm your identity. The quickest method is to have a push notification sent to your phone
- Click approve
- You will now be taken to our learning environment Canvas where you can access the Liverpool Welcome module.
Back to: Welcome