Why Choose Liverpool for Veterinary Science?
A well-established veterinary institute, with strong research links, and the widest possible range of opportunities for hands-on practical learning, Liverpool University Institute of Veterinary Sciences has much to offer potential applicants.
With two farms – unique amongst UK veterinary schools – as well as three first opinion practices, two referral hospitals, and state of the art teaching facilities at both the Liverpool and Leahurst Campuses, Liverpool offers students a fantastic start to their veterinary careers.
With courses also on offer to postgraduate students, veterinary surgeons, veterinary nurses, and physiotherapists, applicants can be assured that no area of veterinary science is being neglected at the Institute. No wonder the Institute was voted Number 2 for veterinary science in a recent national student survey of universities!
Meet James, one of our current undergraduate students:
As for Liverpool itself, the city is a great place to study live and work.
Here are some of the reasons to study here:
- Cosmopolitan world city that combines the historic with the new
- Vibrant arts and music scene, with a good nightlife
- Affordable housing and low cost of living compared with many other UK cities
- Large academic community, and more museums than any other UK city outside London
- Friendly, welcoming people – with the unique Liverpudlian sense of humour!
- Excellent shopping
- Good location, with an international airport and strong rail and road links