Judy graduated from the University of Salford in 1990 with a first class degree in Biological and Biochemical Sciences. She gained a PhD in Biochemistry at the University of London in 1994, and then held post-doctoral research positions at Aston University and the University of Nottingham, where she was awarded her first independent grant by the AICR in 1999. Judy joined the University of Liverpool in 2001 as a Lecturer on a research and teaching path, gaining a PG certificate (distinction) in learning and teaching in Higher Education in 2004. She is currently a Reader in the Department of Cellular and Molecular Physiology, where she runs a research group funded by NWCR, BLF and the Wellcome Trust. She collaborates with several PIs in Physiology, Cancer Medicine and IGH. Judy is a member of the NWCR centre and ITM Research Committees and is the ITM lead for mentoring.
- BACR AstraZeneca Young Scientist of the Year (Prize, British Association for Cancer Research 2003)
- Chair of ITM MRC internal peer review sub-committee
- Deputy Chair of ITM Research Development Committee
- Member of NWCR Centre UoL Research and Education Committee
- Member of NWCR Centre UoL Executive Committee
- Module co-ordinator LIFE309 Principles of Molecular Physiology Research