The investment that we have received has enabled the Biobank to purchase numerous pieces of equipment, which means that we are now in a position to offer additional services to researchers within and outwith the University.
For a virtual tour CLICK HERE!
We are able to offer:
- Histology services, including processing and paraffin wax embedding of formalin fixed tissue
- Sectioning of FFPE and frozen tissue
- Staining services including Haematoxylin and Eosin and immunohistochemistry
- Digital slide scanning using our Aperio slide scanner
- Nucleic acid extraction from fixed or frozen material using our Qiasymphony machine
- Laser capture microdissection
- Next generation sequencing using our MiSeq.
If you are interested in any of the services mentioned on this page, then please contact the Biobank Manager/Scientific Manager to discuss your needs and arrange a quotation.