800, 700 and 600 MHz NMR Spectrometers
A broad range of analytical services
The NMR centre for structural biology offers solution and solid-state NMR within one laboratory. Investment by the Technology Directorate into NMR as a shared research facility has provided auto-sampling and liquid handling capabilities to complement the existing state-of-the-art equipment. Furthermore a dedicated NMR technologist is on hand to ensure Shared Research Facility users obtain the best quality data from the most appropriate experimental design.
NMR centre equipment includes:
- 800 MHz spectrometer with high sensitivity cryogenic heads for solution studies
- 700 MHz spectrometer with high sensitivity cryogenic heads for solution studies
- 600 MHz spectrometer with high sensitivity cryogenic heads for solution studies
- Microcal ITC200 isothermal titration calorimetry
- Biacore X100 surface plasmon resonance
- Cary 400 fluorescence spectrophotometer
- Cary Eclipse UV-Vis spectrophotometer
- Bruker SampleJet metabolomics autoinjector.
Typical expertise of the centre includes:
- Determination of protein structures
- Investigation of protein-ligand interactions
- Use of biophysical techniques in small molecule inhibitor design and screening
- Metabolite analysis and characterisation
- Recombinant protein expression and purification
- Biophysical investigations using isothermal titration calorimetry, surface plasmon resonance and fluorescence, enzyme assays.