Finance and funding
Funding your period of Study Abroad is important to all students and requires some careful planning. Luckily, there are lots of funding opportunities available to students, both from the University of Liverpool and from other organisations.
- For Home/EU students, your tuition fee for the year would be £1350 (you can apply for a Tuition Fee Loan as normal to cover this)
- For International students, you will pay 50% of your normal tuition fee
- You would not pay any tuition fees to XJTLU
- You will still be eligible to apply for a maintenance loan/grant
- For students studying abroad for a year, the amount of loan available is slightly higher, see the Student Finance pages for the latest amounts
Student finance travel grant
Student Finance offers means tested travel grants for students studying abroad as part of their course. For full details see the Travel Grants page but in summary, you can apply for funding towards:
- 3 return flights from the UK to China
- Visas, medical insurance and essential expenditure
- You would need to pay the first £303 towards the above costs
Funding from the University of Liverpool
Students participating in the Year in China will be eligible to apply for a number of grants and scholarships which have been generously funded by our Alumni and Donors. See our funding pages for more information.
Please consult our What funding is available? page to view the full range of financial support available to students.