What does the funding support look like?
- a non-repayable payment Training Grant of £5,000 to eligible students each academic year, in addition to any student loan entitlement.
- additional payments worth up to a total of £6,000 per academic year (subject to parlimentary approval) for students in specialisms or regions struggling to recruit or to help students cover childcare costs.
- More information about the NHS Learning Support Fund can be found through our new LSF guidance booklet.
What courses are eligible for funding at Liverpool?
- BSc (Hons) Dental Therapy
- BN (Hons) Nursing
- BSc (Hons) Occupational Therapy
- BSc (Hons) Orthoptics
- BSc (Hona) Physiotherapy
- BSc (Hons) Diagnostic Radiography
- BSc (Hons) Therapeutic Radiography and Oncology
More information on the full amount you may be eligible for can be found on NHS bursaries.
Travel and Dual Accommodation Expenses (TDAE)
Students who meet the LSF general eligibility criteria are entitled to have some of the additional costs of attending a practice placement as part of their course reimbursed to them during the academic year.
Intended to provide additional support for eligible students who have parental responsibility for a dependent child under the age of 15 (17 if the child has special educational needs) on the first day of the academic year for which they are applying.
Exceptional Support Fund
A supplementary short-term hardship fund that can be applied for, where there is evidence of a shortfall between income and expenditure, and a student may need extra financial help to meet costs not already being met from other sources of funding.
NHS Bursary for Medical and Dental Students in England
See here for more information on the NHS Bursary.
Back to: Study