Applying and admissions
There is no quota for international students. All applications are considered together with no differentiation between home, EU and international students on this three year course that is delivered at the University of Liverpool.
Applications should be made through UCAS by 15th January 2018. Late applications will not be considered. It is the applicant’s responsibility to complete the UCAS form fully and failure to do so will result in rejection. It is particularly important to enter all qualifications taken, including those failed. Factors that are assessed on an application form include:
- Academic attainments, to ensure that they meet the minimum entry criteria.
- Predicted grades for examinations/degrees still to be taken or awarded and only those applicants likely to achieve the entry criteria are invited for interview.
- The Personal Statement is assessed to ensure that the applicant has knowledge of and insight into the profession with emphasis on work experience/observation. Applicants must demonstrate motivation and commitment to a career in dentistry. Candidates are expected to show a range of skills and it is desirable on all dental programmes that candidates have completed a period of work experience/shadowing in a local dental practice or hospital and preferably in more than one establishment. Evidence of a caring attitude and awareness of the values embedded within the NHS constitution is also sought. The ability to write coherently is important. Further advice on personal statements is available on the UCAS website.
- References should be clearly supportive and preferably indicate that the applicant has the necessary attributes for the chosen career. An academic reference should be supplied whenever possible.
- We do not require applicants to take any aptitude tests, e.g. UKCAT or BMAT.