Business Management BA (Hons) Add to your prospectus

Key information


  • Course length: 3 years
  • UCAS code: N100
  • Year of entry: 2019
  • Typical offer: A-level : ABB / IB : 33 with no score less than 4 / BTEC : D*D*D
Business Management banner image
  • Flexible programme allowing you to experience a wide range of management functions and help develop your personal career path

  • Be taught by academic staff with professional industry experience in a variety of business sectors

  • Accredited by CIMA to give you the skills to understand how businesses operate, are managed, create strategies and how people work together

Study as part of joint-honours at 100:0 Choosing this subject as a Single Honours

The University of Liverpool Management School is one of an elite group of institutions worldwide to be AACSB-Accredited. 

The BA Business Management programme provides a thorough grounding in a range of business subjects including entrepreneurship, management, operations and leadership, the chance to work with real businesses and the opportunity to specialise in areas such as marketing, football, finance and events management.

From the first year of study, you are introduced to the problems and challenges of the business world and how to solve them. By the final year of the programme, you will have the knowledge, skills, business awareness and confidence to succeed in the wider business world.

Our graduates successfully go on to find a variety business related careers in organisations such as Jaguar Land Rover, The Co-operative Bank, IBM, Home Office, KPMG, Microsoft, PwC, Santander and a range of smaller companies.

Links with Professional Bodies

With excellent teaching and quality content the programme is accredited by the Chartered Institute of Management Accountants (CIMA) with full exemptions from their Certificate in Business Accounting and partial exemptions from operational and management level requirements.

Study as part of joint-honours at 75:25 Choosing this subject as a Major

(Show more)

A Major (75%) Business Management programme through Honours Select provides a solid foundation in business management with the remaining 25% of modules in your other chosen subject.

Study as part of joint-honours at 50:50 Choosing this subject as a Joint

(Show more)

A Joint (50%) Business programme through Honours Select provides a balance of business knowledge with your other chosen subject with your modules split 50/50 between the two.

Please note you cannot trade up to Major or Single Honours when applying for Business as a joint subject

Study as part of joint-honours at 25:75Choosing this subject as a Minor

(Show more)

A Minor (25%) Business Programme through Honours Select provides an insight into business where your remaining 75% of modules will be in your other chosen subject.

Please note you cannot trade up to Major when applying for Business as a Minor subject

Department Key Facts

Number of first year students

694 Year One undergraduates across all programmes in 2017

Graduate prospects

90% of our students are employed or in further study 6 months after graduating (DLHE 2015/16)

National Student Survey

91% overall satisfaction at programme level for Accounting and Finance BA (Hons) (NSS 2017)

Department resources

New £12 million extension providing additional resources including an experiential marketing facility, Bloomberg trading floor, social study spaces, flexible teaching rooms and lecture theatres.

Facts and figures


36 professional accreditations across the Management School recognising excellence in programme content and teaching

Why this subject?

Enhance your employability with our co-curricular programme

With our unique 'ULMS Extra' programme you will go beyond the core curriculum and have the opportunity to develop your employability and personal networks by participating in specially designed activities, business societies and business competitions.

Reach your full potential

Our committed Student Support team is available to provide learning and development opportunities such as study skills sessions, placement advice, study abroad opportunities and pastoral support to help get the most of your student life and prepare you for the global workplace.

Benefit from our range of industry links and research expertise

We have outstanding links with private and public sector organisations as well as leading academics conducting cutting-edge research which helps shape our innovative curriculum to ensure that you develop knowledge and skills grounded in the real world. 

Gain a global perspective

With a vibrant international learning community you’ll be exposed to business ideas and cultures from the UK and beyond, drawing on a long tradition of commercial acumen in one of the world's truly global cities, still at the heart of international trade and interaction. 

Take advantage of innovative teaching methodologies

Modules are taught using the latest active learning techniques including business simulations, real-world case studies, social media, interactive participation software, lecture capture and real-time financial and business data using our Bloomberg Trading Floor.  

Tailor your studies to suit your interests and career aspirations

Our programmes offer flexibility, choice and opportunities allowing you to pursue your career and life aspirations. See what our current students think about their studies and what some of our graduates are doing now.