What is confirmation?
Confirmation is the process which takes place after the University receives your exam results when we confirm whether you have met the terms of your offer, and whether we are able to accept you on your chosen course.
Confirmation takes place once exam results are published, which for A levels taken in 2022 will be on August 18. For other qualifications, such as IB and Access, exam results are published in July and we will confirm your place as soon as possible after this.
If you’re an international student we may be waiting for further results beyond your main academic qualifications. Please visit UCAS to check the status of your application and if there are any outstanding documents you need to send to us to confirm your place.
How to check you've been accepted:
- If you meet the terms of your offer, you don't need to contact us, you're in!
- Visit UCAS to view the status of your application
- If you have any concerns about your offer you can call us to speak to a friendly member of our admissions team. Numbers will be listed below or you will be able to contact us via webchat (available 8.30am-6.30pm Thursday 18 August).
Phone lines will open on Thursday 18 August at 8:30am
All other programmes (Central Results Helpline)
|0151 794 8591||8.30am - 6.30pm|
School of Dentistry (Dentistry Admissions Team)
|0151 795 1700||8.30am - 6.30pm|
School of Dentistry (Dental Therapy Admissions Team)
|0151 795 1720||8.30am - 6.30pm|
|School of Health Sciences (including Foundation to Health and Veterinary Studies)||0151 795 6000||8.30am - 6.30pm|
School of Medicine
|0151 795 4370||8.30am - 6.30pm|
|School of Veterinary Science||0151 795 1900||8.30am - 6pm|
The central results helpline will also be open the following days at these times:
- Friday 19th August, 9am - 5pm
- Saturday 20th August, 10am - 2pm
- Monday 22nd August to Wednesday 24th August, 9am - 5pm.
Back to: Study