Our master's programmes are designed for you
Our taught master's at our Liverpool campus can be studied full-time over 12 months or part-time over 24 months and a number of our master's programmes can be studied on a flexible basis as CPD modules, as a Postgraduate Certificate (PGCert) or a Postgraduate Diploma (PGDip), allowing you to progress to a full master's programme at your own pace.
Whichever mode of study best suits you, within your programme you will be taught compulsory and optional modules which hold credit. Each module will vary in credit weighting but you will need to complete a certain amount of modules/credits in order to reach your outcome qualification:
- Master's degree: Complete and pass 180 credits
- Postgraduate Diploma: Complete and pass 120 credits
- Postgraduate Certificate: Complete and pass 60 credits
Programmes usually start in September with the taught modules taking place over two semesters, through to June the following year. Dissertations are completed over the summer and you graduate the following December. For more information about term for your year of entry, click here.
Many of our programmes now include internships, are professionally accredited and benefit from guest speakers from industry - all of which enhance your experience and prospects.
Choosing your programme of study
Our strength lies in bringing together academics from across our three Faculties to produce research that is globally relevant. We offer a diverse range of master's programmes across these Faculties that are powered by this cutting-edge research.
The University's three faculties are:
- Faculty of Humanities and Social Sciences
- Faculty of Science and Engineering
- Faculty of Health and Life Sciences
The Faculties are then further identified by Research Institutes, Schools and Departments. Depending on your academic interests, your postgraduate taught programme will sit within a Department in one of the above Faculties and will be one of the following qualifications:
- Master of Science (MSc)
- Master of Arts (MA)
- Master of Laws (LLM)
- Master of Research (MRes)
- Master of Business Administration (MBA)
- Master of Archives and Records Management (MARM)
- Master of Civic Design (MCD)
- Master of Architecture (MArch)
- Postgraduate Certificate (PGCert)
- Postgraduate Diploma (PGDip)
For a full list of our master's programmes and Departments, please see our programme index.
Back to: Study