You will normally present with:
- A 2:1 and above Honours Science degree in a relevant health, physical, biological or life science.
- If applying with a Social Science degree (2:1 and above) you must have a strong scientific background and a Science A2-Level at a minimum of Grade B.
Alternatively you will present with:
- A professional qualification from another health care profession with evidence of recent study at Level 6. For these applicants GCSEs in English Language and Mathematics at Grade B are required.
All prospective students are expected to visit a radiotherapy department for a minimum of half a day. This may be one of the practice placements sites linked to the University of Liverpool’s BSc (Hons) Radiotherapy/PGDip Radiotherapy programmes or it could be a department nearer to a student’s home. The visit is an opportunity to gain an insight into radiotherapy as a career. It is also an opportunity to see the equipment used, talk to members of staff and students and to observe patients being treated. Download a Clinical Visit and Personal Statement form to record and reflect upon your visit experience. This would normally be completed and returned with your application form. Applicants who have not visited a radiotherapy department will be required to do so before any offer of a place is made.
- All applicants will be invited to attend a selection day/interview before an offer of a place can be considered.
- All entrants to the programme are required to undertake satisfactory health screening by an occupational health physician.
- All entrants to the programme are required to undertake a satisfactory Disclosure & Barring Service form, which will be completed at the commencement of the programme in January.
- Taught practical sessions are an integral component of the programme. Students will be expected to consent and to participate fully in these sessions, both in the university setting and on practice placements.
Please contact admissions unit for more information on eligibility.
English language qualifications
If English is not your first language you are required to offer the IELTS qualification with a minimum of Grade 7, and 7 in each component.