Learn more about this programme at one of our forthcoming events.
The University of Liverpool Management School is one of an elite group of institutions worldwide to be AACSB-Accredited. The Management School is offering a number of generous Scholarships and Study Awards for 2018, find out more by visiting the Scholarships webpage.
This programme provides you with a wide range of specialist skills and knowledge in Digital Business Enterprise Management, and includes the opportunity to develop operations management skills. You can apply your newly acquired knowledge in this subject area through the main project which could be research based or industry linked — the latter providing exposure to contemporary digital business enterprise practices. The Digital Business Enterprise Management programme has been designed by one of the UK’s leading research groups in Digital Business and Operations and Supply Chain Management. The Management School was one of the first to join the SAP UK Universities Alliance Programme and is currently a steering group member for the SAP UK Alliance Programme. As a Digital Business Enterprise Management student you will also be offered the opportunity to obtain the highly regarded SAP TERP10 certification.
During this programme, you will:
- Develop an understanding of the impact of the internet and e-Business on various industry sectors
- Learn about emerging corporate ICT strategic needs and how these are assessed in view of new e-Business opportunities
- Learn how to formulate and develop an integrated corporate e-Business strategy
- Understand how to select e-Business enabling technologies and assess strategic e-Business models, planning and evaluating resource implications
- Understand e-market places, exchanges and developing e-procurement strategies and learn how to develop internet, intranet and extranet policies. You will gain an awareness of national and international e-Business and e-Commerce initiatives
- Develop skills in web based programming, web based information management and retrieval. Learn the practical applications of web authoring and scripting tools, as well as database integration
- Obtain skills in the use of enterprise resources planning (ERP) systems, such as SAP
- Analyse business needs and the development of e-Business and e-Commerce specifications. Understand the design and implementation of secure robust e-Business systems
- Develop an awareness of e-Business system methodologies and packages. Learn how to select and configure enterprise based tools
- Gain an understanding of internet security policies and learn how to assess them
- Gain an understanding of the development of robust supply chain management solutions, supply chain planning and control models
- Learn how to develop competitive strategies for international business enterprises
- Learn how to analyse business models and utilise modelling and simulation tools for the optimisation of business performance
- Acquire an understanding of contemporary management practice and current management drivers and the emergence of the new agility paradigm. Develop strategic management and business economics policies.
Learn how to apply advanced tools and techniques associated with managing quality in the manufacturing and service industries. Develop an understanding of improvement methodologies and ISO9000:2000. Learn how to apply Taguchi methods and advanced quality planning.
Learn more about our current students.
"The University of Liverpool holds a leading position in the field of Digital Business and the close contact with industry, with the focus on the cooperation with SAP, made my choice easy."
Why University of Liverpool Management School?
'Learning to make a difference'
AACSB-Accredited, the University of Liverpool Management School is in the top 5% of business schools worldwide. Regarded as one of the most rigorous assessments, many top global recruiters will only consider candidates from AACSB-Accredited schools – a clear signal that our programmes respond to the needs of business and meet specific standards of excellence.
The University of Liverpool Management School works with today's leaders in business and management to prepare its students to be the leaders of the future. The school's mission is 'Learning to make a difference' and there is a fundamental belief that the purpose of the School's research and teaching is to develop students who are not only good managers, but individuals who are truly committed to making a difference. We hope that our students will use the knowledge and skills they gain here in their future roles to help solve some of the most endemic problems individuals, enterprises and communities face.