It is expected that applicants should be one of the following:
- Graduates in Dental Surgery of this University
- Graduates with a dental first degree from another approved university, which is recognised by the General Dental Council
- Graduates with a dental first degree from another approved university, which is not recognised by the General Dental Council.
- 2 year post qualification relevant clinical experience
- MFDS/MJDF or an equivalent
Applications from international students are welcome. International qualifications will be evaluated in line with the National Recognition Information Centre (NARIC) guidelines.
English language qualifications
The School’s programmes are linguistically very demanding, and it is essential that all candidates have a very high level of both spoken and written English. Qualifications accepted by the Faculty include: GCSE English; GCE O level English; AS Level English; IELTS; TOEFL; Cambridge Proficiency.
Candidates for whom English is not their first language need to provide documentary evidence of their competency in English. The Faculty of Health and Life Sciences English Language Requirement is 7.0 in IELTS (minimum of 6.5 in each of the subtests) or equivalent. Please see the English Language Unit website for further information
|TOEFL iBT||100, with no element lower than 22|
|International Baccalaureate||Higher Level (Grade 6)|
|Hong Kong use of English AS level||B|
|INDIA Standard XII||75% or above from Central and Metro State Boards|
Please be advised that TOEFL is no longer classified by UK Visas and Immigration as a Secure English Language Test (SELT). However, at the current time the university is continuing to accept TOEFL, at the required level, for entry on to Undergraduate and Postgraduate academic programmes.