The programme has been developed specifically for surgeons/clinicians who are working in the specialist arena of renal transplantation. Prior experience is essential in these clinical specialities prior to application.
Candidates will be able to apply the skills they learn on this course in their everyday workplace to deliver a better standard of care for your patients.
"I joined the programme in 2015, and in just two short years I was awarded a very competitive PhD scholarship under the supervision of Professor Halawa. Since then I have gone on to enjoy a number of career highlights including;
- An award for best presentation in the field of Renal Transplantation from the European Renal Association which was presented in Budapest 2019. I was also awarded an ASQ travel grant in the same year.
- Three abstract presentations in the British Transplant Society congress
- A review paper covering the management of BK virus infection in ‘Experimental and Clinical Transplantation Journal.’
- A research paper about the outcome of BK virus in Renal Transplant Recipients
- A poster presentation in the International society of nephrology meeting 2020 about the carcinogenicity of BKV.
- Selected to receive speciality training in the UK. I was one of only 8 outstanding candidates selected for this training
I have achieved all these accolades thanks to the Renal Transplantation MSc at Liverpool and the guidance from the teaching staff who displayed incredibly patience, mentorship and support for the duration of my studies."
Ahmed Saleh, Renal Transplantation MSc Graduate
"The Renal Transplantation Science programme at Liverpool is a comprehensive course that covers all aspects of renal transplantation. It has definitely helped me read more widely and in greater depth on various aspects of renal transplantation, including those areas that I did not have much exposure to before. The knowledge and skills acquired during this course have helped me deliver higher quality of care to my patients and have made me feel more confident when dealing with difficult problems in my transplant patients. I have also been successful in publishing extensive reviews on various topics in transplantation in peer-reviewed journals and I am now using these skills with my trainees as well."
Brian, Renal Transplantation MSc Graduate