Postgraduate Progression Award
If you're a current University of Liverpool undergraduate or alumni, including Study Abroad and Exchange students, progressing to either full or part-time postgraduate taught study from 2019/20 you’re eligible* to receive our Postgraduate Progression Award.
- If you are a UK or EU student with a 2:1 or above you will receive a £1,000 reduction in tuition fees.
- If you are an international student with a first class undergraduate degree you will receive a £2,500 reduction in tuition fees.
- If you are an international student with a 2:1 you will receive a 10% reduction in tuition fees.
By progressing to postgraduate study at the University of Liverpool you can:
- Study one of the market led courses from our broad portfolio of subjects.
- Be taught by a skilled base of academic expertise within a globally orientated institution.
- Stay in the dynamic city of Liverpool; ranked 4th friendliest city in the world (Rough Guide 2016) and best UK city to find employment (CV Library 2017), or progress to our campus in the world's number one student cities, London (QS Best Student Cities 2018).
How to apply
You do not need to make an application to receive the Postgraduate Progression Award as it will be automatically allocated to all eligible students.
The Postgraduate Progression Award is available to all University of Liverpool undergraduate students or alumni considering a postgraduate taught course, including MRes programmes, at either our Liverpool or London campus in 2019.
Full eligibility criteria
*The Postgraduate Progression Award is not eligible to the following groups of students:
- Students registered with the Liverpool School of Tropical Medicine.
- Students who have undertaken any previous study at Xi’an Jiaotong-Liverpool University.
- Students transferring to the University of Liverpool from partnership institutions where an alternative fee payment or scholarship arrangement has been made.
- Students who are on the following programmes.
- Veterinary Professional Studies (Postgraduate Certificate / Diploma / MSc)
- Certificate in Veterinary Business Management (CertVBM),
- Pg/Dip/MSc Vet Physiotherapy
1.1) Students who have completed previous undergraduate study at the University of Liverpool who enter a full-time or part-time postgraduate taught master’s programme in academic year 2019-20, and who fall within the scope of these Regulations will be considered for the Postgraduate Progression Award subject to the following criteria:
i) They must be beginning a new postgraduate taught master’s programme (including MRes programmes) in academic year 2019-20.
ii) They must be: (a) an alumnus or alumna of the University of Liverpool having completed an undergraduate degree on the Liverpool campus, or (b) returning for further study having previously studied as an undergraduate exchange student on the Liverpool campus.
1.2) Full-time taught postgraduate students will receive the award for one year. For part-time students the award will be paid at a rate pro-rata to the ratio of their programme fee to the full-time programme fee. Part-time taught postgraduate students will receive the award at this pro-rata rate for the duration of their studies or until a sum equal to £1,000 reduction of the full-time 2019/20 programme fee has been deducted from their cumulative programme fees, whichever occurs sooner.
1.3) Students will not be eligible for the Postgraduate Progression Award in any year when they are receiving external sponsorship (e.g. payment of programme fees by a registered company, an overseas government, or the UK government) of value equal to or greater than the value of the award. The value of the award will refer to the pro-rata award where the student is registered on a part-time basis.
1.4) Where students qualify for other University funding, such funding will be applied as a discount to the programme fee raiseD, after the application of the discount awarded by the Postgraduate Progression Award.