We have a worldwide reputation for ground-breaking teaching and research by leading academics. More than 75% of our graduates receive a First or 2:1 and we're first in the Russell Group for graduate employability. With its unique attractions, famously warm welcomes, and global reputation for sport, music, architecture and culture for you to explore, there's nowhere quite like Liverpool.

The best part of studying at the University of Liverpool is the diversity within the student body. As an international student I have made friends with other students from around the globe some of which are my best friends and roommates today.

Brad Rees, Canada, LLB (Hons)

Entry requirements: which qualifications do you need?




General High School Diploma with at least 65 per cent in five grade 12 subjects.

British Columbia

Senior Secondary Graduation Diploma with at least five grade Bs in grade 12 subjects.


High School Graduation Diploma with at least five credits at the 300 level in at least four subject areas; and at least 65 per cent in each subject.

New Brunswick

High School Graduation Diploma with at least 65 per cent in five acceptable subjects.


High School Graduation Diploma with at least 65 per cent in five subjects at university preparation level grade 12.

Nova Scotia

High School Completion Certificate with at least 65 per cent in five subjects at level four or five.


Grade 12 Secondary School Diploma at advanced level, with six grade 12 U, U/C or M courses including grade 12 U English.

AAA we would ask for AAABBB (3 at 80% and 3 at 70%)

AAB we would ask for AABBBB (2 at 80% and 4 at 70%)

ABB we would ask for ABBBBB (1 at 80% and 5 at 70%)

BBB we would ask for BBBBBB (6 at 70%)

Prince Edward Island

High School Graduation Diploma with at least 65 per cent in five subjects.


Diplôme d'Etudes Collègiales (DEC) at grades 65 per cent and above.


Completion grade 12 Standing/Division IV Standing (Secondary School Diploma) with at least 65 per cent grade average in five subjects.

North West Territories

General High School Diploma with at least 65 per cent in five subjects at grade 12.


Secondary School Certificate/Diploma with 65 per cent in five acceptable subjects at grade 12.

Yukon Territory

Senior Secondary School Graduation Diploma with at least Bs in five grade 12 subjects.

Postgraduate Taught



Students offering a bachelor's degree from a Canadian university are welcome to apply for a master's programme, but the exact grade requirement will depend upon the grading system used in the student's first degree:

  • A minimum GPA of 3.0 out of 4.0
  • A minimum GPA of 6.5 out of 9
  • A minimum GPA of 7 out of 12
  • A minimum GPA of 8 out of 13
  • A minimum Grade B
  • A minimum grade average of 70%

Postgraduate Research



Each application is assessed on its own merits, however students will usually be expected to hold a master's degree. Previous exposure to research/thesis writing is highly desirable.

Each research degree lists the English language requirements you'll need to apply.

English language requirements

Applicants from your country are assumed to meet all minimum English language requirements. You won’t need any language qualifications to study here or apply for a visa.

However, please note that nationals of non-English speaking countries studying in Canada will require a suitable English Language Qualification to study here at Liverpool.

Scholarships and bursaries

We offer a range of scholarships and bursaries which provide tuition fee discounts and help with living expenses for eligible international students.

New from September 2024, check out our Advancement Scholarships. These offer fee discounts of up to £7,500 for eligible master's students and up to £5,000 for eligible undergraduate students.

Browse our full range of scholarships and bursaries.

Tuition fees and other costs

Fees for international applicants

To check the tuition fees for our undergraduate and postgraduate taught courses, select a course from our A-Z and go to the fees and funding section.

Other costs to be aware of:

How to apply

Apply using an agent in your country

An agent can help you apply. They’ll provide advice on choosing and applying for a degree, getting visas and finding accommodation.

Already studying in the UK?

If you’re already studying in the UK, these representatives can advise and guide you on applying for a course.

Apply direct

Apply via UCAS for undergraduate programmes or directly to us for postgraduate programmes.

Get in touch

Questions about studying with us? We can help. Our live chat and telephone services are open Monday - Friday, 9am-4pm, UK time.

Let us contact you