Apply for Accommodation
Before you can apply for accommodation you need:
- to have received a conditional or unconditional offer of a place at the University
- your student ID number (this is different to your UCAS number - it starts with 20 and will be on your invitation to apply for accommodation).
When you apply
Undergraduate and postgraduate students have a choice of accommodation types, at our city campus locations, residencies and student village. We strongly recommend you apply for accommodation as soon as you can, as demand for places is always high. Postgraduate students usually live in one of our self-catered accommodation options in the city centre. You will be asked for your top three preferences of accommodation. Unfortunately, we cannot guarantee that your offer will match your preferences. Accommodation is allocated by date of application so the earlier you apply, the better chance you stand of getting one of your preferences. It is therefore a good idea to start researching the different accommodation options available to you as soon as possible. Please see our Virtual Open Day to view the different student villages and campus residences available here at Liverpool.
To apply for your accommodation, log into our Liverpool Life portal and go to the Accommodation section to complete your application.
What is included in the cost of your accommodation?
- All fuel bills (such as gas, water and electricity)
- Contents insurance
- Your restaurant meals (in our popular catered accommodation options)
- High speed internet facility which connects to the University file stores and your online teaching modules
- Exemption from council tax
- Membership of the halls student committee, giving you a voice in how your halls are monitored and the events you take part in
- Up to 75% off organised trips through the Guild's "give it a go" programme
- Personal support from our in-house Residential Advisor team and pastoral support from our senior academic wardens.
We guarantee to find single, international students a place in University accommodation if:
- you are an undergraduate student and you have chosen the University of Liverpool as your 1st choice and you have accepted an Unconditional Firm offer (UF) or a Conditional Firm offer (CF) or you are a postgraduate student holding an offer and
- you apply for accommodation by 31 July. We recommend that you apply as soon as you receive your invitation to apply email from the accommodation office.
We are usually able to offer (but cannot guarantee) either University or University approved accommodation to the majority of students who have placed the University of Liverpool as their Insurance choice (CI) or students who come to the University through Clearing.
Once you have completed a successful application for accommodation you will receive an email confirming that this is the case.
A room offer will be sent to you via email once you have confirmed your offer to study at Liverpool. Please check your emails junk and spam folders regularly
To secure your room you will need to accept the accommodation you have been offered online, read and sign the tenancy agreement electronically and pay a non-refundable £150 booking fee. Once you arrive, this booking fee of £150 becomes your damage deposit for your room and it will be refunded to you subject to a satisfactory room inspection when you leave your accommodation. Once you accept your accommodation offer online, you will have a 7 working day period in which you can cancel the offer. After this period, you are in a legally binding contract.
The accommodation process for University of Liverpool in London students is different to those studying at our Liverpool campus. Please view the London facilities pages for more information on student accommodation in London including partner providers, private sector accommodation and the assistance that our accommodation team offers.