When you apply
Undergraduate and postgraduate students have a choice of accommodation types, at our city campus locations, residencies and student village. We strongly recommend you apply for accommodation as soon as you can, as demand for places is always high. Postgraduate students usually live in one of our self-catered accommodation options in the city centre. You will be asked for your top three preferences of accommodation. Unfortunately, we cannot guarantee that your offer will match your preferences. Accommodation is allocated by date of application so the earlier you apply, the better chance you stand of getting one of your preferences. It is therefore a good idea to start researching the different accommodation options available to you as soon as possible. Please see our Virtual Tour to view the different student villages and campus residences available here at Liverpool.
To apply for your accommodation, log into our Liverpool Life portal and go to the Accommodation section to complete your application.
What is included in the cost of your accommodation?
- All fuel bills (such as gas, water and electricity)
- Basic contents insurance provided by Endsleigh Insurance
- High speed internet facility which connects to the University file stores and your online teaching modules
- Exemption from council tax
- Membership of the halls student committee, giving you a voice in how your halls are monitored and the events you take part in
- Up to 75% off organised trips through the Guild's "give it a go" programme
- Personal support from our in-house Residential Advisor team and pastoral support from our senior academic wardens.
We guarantee to find single, international students a place in University accommodation if:
- you are an undergraduate student and you have chosen the University of Liverpool as your 1st choice and you have accepted an Unconditional Firm offer (UF) or a Conditional Firm offer (CF) or you are a postgraduate student holding an offer and
- you apply for accommodation by 31 July. We recommend that you apply as soon as you receive your invitation to apply email from the accommodation office.
We are usually able to offer (but cannot guarantee) either University or University approved accommodation to the majority of students who have placed the University of Liverpool as their Insurance choice (CI) or students who come to the University through Clearing.
We do not guarantee accommodation for January starters but usually we can still assist and find something that suits you. We recommend applying for January accommodation at least 3 weeks prior to your planned arrival date. Once we receive your application and you are a confirmed entrant, your offer will be sent out to you, usually within a week of you applying.
Please note that the Accommodation Office closes from 24 December and reopens on 3 January – no applications will be processed during this time.
Visit the accommodation website for more details.
Once you have completed a successful application for accommodation you will receive an email confirming that this is the case.
A room offer will be sent to you via email once you have confirmed your offer to study at Liverpool. Please check your emails junk and spam folders regularly.
To secure your room you will need to accept the accommodation you have been offered online, read and sign the tenancy agreement electronically. We do not require a deposit, rent advancement, or guarantor. Once you accept your accommodation offer online, you will have a 7 working day period in which you can cancel the offer. After this period, you are in a legally binding contract. If your plans change and you decide not to arrive into your accommodation, please email the Accommodation Team as soon as possible to confirm so we can ensure you are not charged.
To find out more about applying, go to our accommodation website or if you have any questions, please contact email@example.com for more information.
Back to: Study