The University campus is located in the heart of the city of Liverpool, close to many major transport links.
Arriving by Air
Liverpool John Lennon Airport is around eight miles from the city centre and offers flights from various parts of Europe. A low-cost bus service from the airport to the city centre is operated by Merseytravel.
Manchester Airport, which is around 45 minutes from Liverpool, is the destination for flights from around the world. There is a direct rail link, and direct coaches, from the airport to Liverpool.
Meet and Greet: Airport Transfer Service
Airport transfer service arrangements for autumn 2023 will be published here once they are finalised. Invitations for the service will be automatically sent via email to those eligible.
Find out more about our Airport Transfer Service.
Arriving by Road and Rail
Border Force has produced a helpful list of top tips for first time students arriving this autumn to commence their studies in the UK. The tips are designed to ensure students are not unduly delayed as they enter the UK by being more prepared for what they may need to present at border control:
- Have your passport ready
- Ensure you complete a landing card (if a non EEA National)
- Have your University Certificate of Acceptance Studies (CAS) number ready. If you don't have a CAS number, please bring details of your course of study
- Keep any medical documentation, recent bank statement and details of where you are staying in your hand luggage as you may need to produce this information
- Do not bring in any meat or dairy products from outside the EU
- There are also restrictions on other food products such as fish, eggs and honey, as well as some fruit, vegetables and plants (e.g. bulbs, seeds, cut flowers and tree bark)
- There are also restrictions on the amount of tobacco, alcohol and gifts you can bring in the UK. If you exceed your duty free allowance and do not declare them, all of your items could be taken away from you
- Never bring in counterfeit goods, illegal drugs, offensive weapons or indecent or obscene material. Some items are restricted and will require a licence or permit
- You must declare any sums of £10,000 or more (or the equivalent in another currency) if you are travelling from a country outside the European Union
- Never give false or misleading information (including forged or counterfeit documents)
In our pre-departure briefing, the International Recruitment and Relations team provide the latest updates about the steps you should take before you travel to Liverpool. We want to ensure you are fully up-to-speed on what you need to do to make sure you are well prepared, and ready to hit the ground running, as soon as you arrive in Liverpool.
Please note: Check our website regularly to ensure you have the most current information liverpool.ac.uk/welcome
For more information on any of the above, please contact us.