Making an application
Summer Abroad applications are open now (reminder: only virtual Summer Abroad activities will be supported in 2021):
To apply for (virtual) Summer Abroad: Click here to access the application form
Applications for Semester Abroad & Year in China for AY 2021/22 are closed and will open for AY 2022/23 in October/November 2021.
- (virtual) Summer Abroad: 11.59pm on 21st March 2021
- Semester Abroad/Year in China closed at 11.59pm on 28th February 2021
Before you apply, remember:
- To research the Partner Universities or the scheme you want to apply for carefully. Please note these very important points:
- For Semester Abroad and Summer Programmes you should use our search tool to pick eligible universities. You degree programme must match with your chosen universities
- For Semester Abroad & Summer you may only list ONE university that is marked as "Very Competitive" and it MUST be your first choice
- For Semester Abroad, the semester you would attend each university is set centrally owing to term dates (i.e. you cannot choose)
- Attend a Study Abroad event to help you in making your choice. See the events page to find out when and where Study Abroad events are being held
What happens next?
The Study Abroad Team will review your application and give an overall score. For Semester Abroad, if, after ranking applications, we do not have enough spaces to accommodate students who have achieved the 60% minimum, we will operate a waiting list. See below for information on how we score applications: