Making an application
Applications for Semester Abroad & Year in China for AY 2021/22 and Summer Abroad 2021 are closed and will re-open for the next round of applications after the Global Opportunities Fair, which is taking place on Tuesday 9 November 2021.
- (virtual) Summer Abroad closed at 11.59pm on 21st March 2021
- Semester Abroad/Year in China closed at 11.59pm on 28th February 2021
Before you apply, remember:
- To research the Partner Universities or the scheme you want to apply for carefully. Please note these very important points:
- For Semester Abroad and Summer Programmes you should use our search tool to pick eligible universities. You degree programme must match with your chosen universities
- For Semester Abroad & Summer you should only list ONE university that is marked as "Very Competitive" and it MUST be your first choice
- For Semester Abroad, the semester you would attend each university is set centrally owing to term dates (i.e. you cannot choose)
- Attend a Global Opportunities event to help you in making your choice. See the events page to find out when and where our events are being held
- Take a look at our Grade Conversion Tables for University-wide Partners
What happens next?
The Global Opportunities Team will review your application and give an overall score. For Semester Abroad, if, after ranking applications, we do not have enough spaces to accommodate students who have achieved the 60% minimum, we will operate a waiting list. See below for information on how we score applications: