Confirmation of Acceptance of Studies (CAS)

To apply for a new student visa, you must have a Confirmation of Acceptance for Studies (known as a CAS). This is a unique reference number issued by and links you to the University of Liverpool.

A CAS can only be used once. If you are refused and must apply again, you will need a new CAS.

The CAS is stored on a central database at the Home Office and contains information about you, your course, any payments for fees and also information about the University of Liverpool. If after obtaining your CAS you notice details are incorrect, for example, your personal or academic details are incorrect or there is a change in your circumstances, you must inform the University so that the CAS can be updated before you submit your new visa application.

We recommend that you apply for your student visa as soon as you receive your CAS, even if you already hold a student visa.

If you already hold a student visa but you are starting a new course with the University of Liverpool, you will still need to make a new visa application before starting your new course as it is unlikely that your current visa will allow you to start or complete your course with us.

How to get your CAS

If you are a new student

To obtain your CAS you must accept your unconditional offer for the University of Liverpool, and in some cases pay a tuition fee deposit. Visit the International study page on fee deposits for more information.

Your CAS will normally be emailed to you. It is acceptable for you to print this CAS statement, as it is not a mandatory supporting document.

The CAS will list the qualifications used by the University of Liverpool to offer you your place on the course. You must include evidence of these qualifications with your application form. 

If you are a current student

Your request for a CAS should be made at least two weeks before you intend to apply, as it can take 10 working days (and sometimes longer) to be created and emailed to you.

To request a CAS, email from your University email account with your full name, student ID number and a scanned copy of your current passport and visa.

Once you have a CAS, it is important that you read the 'conditions of issue' to understand your responsibilities.

Speak to a International Advice and Guidance advisor

If you are unable to find an answer to your query on our web pages email or book an online confidential one-one appointment.