Funding for EU students

As a European student you may qualify for help with your tuition fees and living costs if you meet ALL of the following conditions:-

  • You personally are an EU national
  • You have lived in the UK and Islands for at least 3 years prior to starting your course
  • Prior to these three years you were 'ordinarily resident' within the European Economic Area or Switzerland
  • You will be living in England, Northern Ireland or Wales on the start date of your course (normally September 1st for those starting in the autumn)

If you meet these criteria please apply to Student Finance England for funding as a 'Home Student' or contact the Financial Support Team if you need advice.


EU migrant workers

If you moved to the UK as a Migrant Worker you may also qualify for help with living costs. For more information about Migrant Worker status please see the UKCISA website or the Student Room website.


UK EU referendum and tuition fees

The University of Liverpool has no plans to change the tuition fees for EU students already published for 2016/17 regardless of the result of the UK's referendum on membership of the European Union.

Tuition Fees for 2017/18 have not yet been agreed but we anticipate limiting any increase in fees for continuing students from the EU to that required by inflation.