Bursaries and scholarships

The University of Liverpool offers a range of bursaries and scholarships.  Please see the Scholarships and Bursaries webpage for more details (please note; these relate to 2015/16 entrants - if you are a continuing student you may fall under a different bursary scheme).

Please also check with your department, school or faculty as they are likely to have funds specifically for their students.

External bursaries and scholarships

Here is a selection of external funding opportunities available to help you finance your studies here in Liverpool.

RIBA Hardship Funds

The RIBA Education Fund provides bursaries to current Part 1 and Part 2 students of architecture in the UK who are experiencing financial hardship.

The RIBA Walter Parker Bursaries provide funding for students and graduates of architecture undertaking practical experience and in financial hardship.

Liverpool Institute Educational Foundation

To promote the education of people aged under 25 who need financial assistance. They or their parents must be resident in and have attended school in the city of Liverpool.

Website: www.lief.org.uk Telephone enquiries: 0151 724 2087  Email: lief.mbsss@calderstones.co.uk

The Joseph Harley Bequest Fund

For the advancement of education for people aged under 25 who are residents of Formby.

Website: www.cfmerseyside.org.uk Telephone enquiries: 0151 966 4604

The John Goore Fund Lydiate

For the advancement of education for people aged under 25 who are residents of Lydiate.

Website: www.cfmerseyside.org.uk Telephone enquiries: 0151 966 4604

The Anglo-Danish Society

C.F. Moller Architecture Scholarship & The Anglo-Danish Society Scholarships for Postgraduate courses.

Website: www.anglo-danishsociety.org.uk Telephone enquiries: 01332 517610

BFWG Charitable Foundation

Grants available for female postgraduate students.

Website: www.FfWG.org.uk

Leverhulme Trade Charities Trust

Undergraduate bursaries and postgraduate bursaries for students who are in financial need, are resident in the UK and have an immediate family member who is/was a Commercial Traveller, Chemist or Grocer.

Website: www.leverhulme-trade.org.uk

Sheila Kay Fund

If you live on Merseyside, are studying social education (e.g. youth and community work, social work, sociology and criminology) and have volunteered in your community you can apply for a Sheila Kay Fund grant.

This fund gives small grants to assist students who are in difficulties and can also advise applicants on other funds for which they may be eligible.

Website: http://sheilakay.org.uk/

Postgrad Solutions Study Bursaries 

A number of bursaries, worth £500 each, are available to students starting a postgraduate course each academic year.

Website: www.postgrad.com

John Moran Trust

Website: www.johnmorantrust.com/index.html

The Colt Foundation

Fellowships in Occupational/Environmental Health

Website: www.coltfoundation.org.uk

Royal Medical Benevolent Fund - The Doctors' Charity

Website: www.rmbf.org