Do you have documents that aren't in English? If so, they need to be translated!

All documents which are not in English or Welsh must be translated by a professional translator or translation agency. You must not translate the documents yourself.

If you submit documents which are not in English without a translation they will not be considered when a decision is made about your visa.

If you have documents that you wish to submit with your visa application and they are not in English you should contact a local translation service provider.

International Advice and Guidance have compiled a list of Translation Providers June 2019 in Liverpool and the surrounding area.

You must ensure that the translation you receive is a certified translation and that it also contains all of the following:

  • The translator's credentials *
  • Confirmation from the translator that it is an accurate translation of the original document
  • The translator's contact details
  • The date the document was translated
  • The translator's full name
  • The translator’s signature

*if your translation is from inside the UK.

If you are outside the UK the translation must be able to be independently verified by the Home Office.

Please note that we do not endorse any of the services on our Translation Providers June 2019 and recommend that students contact a number of translation service providers in order to determine a price and service that they are happy with.