Support with my studies

Click on the question below to display the answer.

  • How do I know who my Departmental Disability Contact (DDC) is?


    Each academic School/Department has a nominated Disability Contact.  Their details are on the front page of your Student Support Information Sheet (SSIS), or alternatively you can find their details here: Disability Contacts

  • What’s the role of my Departmental Disability Contact (DDC)?


    The role of your Departmental Disability Contact (DDC) is to ensure that students are able to access their recommended reasonable adjustments (i.e. support recommended by a Disability Adviser on your Student Support Information Sheet) within the academic environment.

    Further information about DDCs can be found here: Disability Contacts.

  • How do I request a deadline extension for a piece of work?


    Academic Schools/Departments can have different procedures for agreeing an extension to a piece of work. 

    If your Student Support Information Sheet (SSIS) includes a recommendation regarding coursework extensions, in the first instance you should contact your Disability Contact who will be able to advise you of the procedure for your School/Department.