Internal Support

The University provides a range of practical and emotional support covering a wide range of issues to ensure that you have a successful transition into University life and continue to feel supported as you progress.

Below you will find links to the various areas you can access support:

The University Counselling Service

Based on campus, the Counselling Service provide confidential counselling and support


Student Health Services

An NHS GP practice providing Student Health on campus and a drop-in health advice centre at the main halls of residence


Student Administration Centre

Covers a wide variety of activities relating to student administrative and academic processes including student records, examinations and graduation, Fees and funding


Halls of Residence-Pastoral Care

The team are there to help you with any personal problems and aim to assist students by being pastoral leaders


Bullying and Harassment Advisers

Are available to any student or member of staff who is concerned about an incident or incidents of bullying or harassment


Careers Service

Offering careers information and advice and can also help with issues related to changing or leaving your course


Support within your academic department

Your Academic Adviser is the first port of call if you are having problems with your academic studies.

Within the School’s Professional Services support team there will also be a named person to act as a first point of contact if you are experiencing difficulties with any aspect of University life. This namedcontact within the School will provide both advice on School level procedures and signposting to central and specialised support services for students. For more information please visit the Student Support Office within your School.

Housing Rights Support

For those of you who have chosen to live in private sector accommodation there may be times when you need advice and guidance on your rights as a tenant.

Liverpool Student Homes

Liverpool Student Homes has a Private Sector Housing Rights Advice Worker, who can provide advice and support on; tenancy agreements or contracts, tenancy deposits, disrepair, rent arrears, illegal eviction and harassment, homelessness, tenant disputes, landlord negotiation, complaints and legal action.

Email or telephone to confirm drop-in times and location

You can also receive advice over the phone 07970 247209 or by email