International Postgraduate Research Scholarship
If you're a current International University of Liverpool undergraduate or Masters alumni planning to progress to a postgraduate research programme, from October 2019 you may be eligible to receive our Postgraduate Research Award: a £2,000 reduction in tuition fees for Year One of study.
The Postgraduate Research Award is available to all University of Liverpool alumni registering for year 1 of a postgraduate research degree at our Liverpool campus who are International, self-funded and laboratory based.
To be Eligibile;
You must be an International Alumni of the University of Liverpool starting a research degree during 2019/20 academic session which begins October 2019, carrying out your research in a laboratory based environment. You should also be funding your own studies.
The award is available only for 1 year once you have completed the on campus registration process and is dependent on your progress being satisfactory and your registration continuing. Should you withdraw for any reason, the funds will return to the university.
The award will be applied in the form of a tuition fee reduction prior to the fee invoice being issued to you.
Alumni for this purpose include anyone who has successfully completed either a UG or taught masters degree at either the Liverpool or London Campus.
Where students qualify for other University funding, such funding will be applied as a discount to the programme fee raised after the application of the discount awarded by the Postgraduate Award.
Sadly, the following groups of students are not eligible to take up the award:
- Students registered with the Liverpool School of Tropical Medicine.
- Student entering the second or any subsequent year of study.
- Home or EU students.
- Students who will not be laboratory based for the entirety of their research programme (excluding the writing up year)
- Students who have undertaken any previous study at Xi’an Jiaotong-Liverpool University
- Students on a partnership or joint degree (for example, NTHU).
- Students transferring to the University of Liverpool from partnership institutions where an alternative fee payment or scholarship arrangement has been made.
How to apply
Please read the IPGRS Terms and Conditions carefully before applying