Information for Staff
Key dates are circulated annually to Assessment Officers, Exams Officers and School Managers, please contact the relevent person in your School for access to the key dates.
- See also: Information and FAQs about the Spider Exams Sub-System
- See also: Information about the Committee for the Award of Degrees, Diplomas and Certificates (CADDAC) and the process for submitting pass lists to SAS
SAS will contact academic invigilators with their duties approximately one month before examinations.
All staff who will be invigilating are requested to attend a briefing session, of which details and dates will be confirmed in communications regarding invigilation duties.
You do not need to sign up to a specific session in advance; please just attend whichever one suits you best.
Each briefing will last no more than an hour. They will provide an opportunity for staff to receive important information and guidance, especially concerning the revised Regulations for the Conduct of Examinations [pdf], which introduce some significant changes to how we run exams, including:
- students must bring their ID cards to exams;
- pencil cases are banned - transparent plastic bags are ok;
- students must enter exam rooms in silence;
- minor changes to seat cards and MCQ answer sheets.
Exam guidelines for students are also available.
Exam Reports (BOXI)
The University provides BusinessObjects (BOXI) reports to support the production, provision, and circulation of information about the performance of students on modules, components of modules, and across programmes.
These examination reports are typically used to support the activity of Boards of Examiners (whether in the form of Module Review Boards, Progression Boards or Final Boards of Examiners).
For further information, and to view the Compendium for Exam Board Reports, please visit the SAS Intranet [staff only] website.