Sports Camp Coach
Post: Sports Camp Coach (Multi-Sports)
Location: University of Liverpool Sports & Fitness Centre, L69 7ZN
Responsible to: Sports Camp Coordinator
Application: To apply please submit an up to date CV and covering letter outlining how you meet the specific elements of this role to email@example.com
To plan, prepare and deliver a co-ordinated programme of high quality sports and activities which are progressive and reflective of the needs of young people in a sports camp setting.
- Enthusiastic and positive attitude towards sports coaching
- Good communicator
- Perseverance and patience
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent organisational and time management skills
- Ability to work cooperatively and flexibly.
- Ability to motivate those around you.
- An understanding of how to differentiate in a coaching session
- To plan and deliver appropriate, progressive and inclusive activities for young people
- To be responsible for planning and delivering sports coaching sessions appropriate to the level of child
- Ensure safe provision of all equipment and ensure it is used correctly
- Make sure safety standards are followed in sessions and undertake risk assessments
- Identify participants’ abilities and encourage them to reach their full potential
- To be a positive role model, creating a positive and fun environment in which to motivate and encourage children to take part in sport
- Set ground rules for each session
- Work alongside the Sports Camp Coordinator, Sports Camp Leader and other sports camp coaches to help ensure that participants are able to take part in activities in a safe environment
- To attend morning briefing session with the sports camp leader.
- To assist with registration of participants ensuring the welfare of children at all times
- In case of accident or illness, work with the Sports Camp Coordinator and/or Sports Camp Leader to ensure parents, guardians or carers are contacted
- To complete all accident, incident, medical and welfare forms as required
- To manage scheduled breaks, lunchtimes, breakfast club and after camp club supervising children at all times
- To agree to abide by a code of conduct and carry out duties in accordance with Sport Liverpool and NGB policies, including equal opportunities, safeguarding children, health and safety at work, etc.
All sports camp coaches must have achieved, as a minimum, any of the following qualifications.
- UKCC Level 1 Certificate in any sports related field
- Any other sports coaching qualification
- A minimum of 1 year’s experience of sports coaching; establishing, delivering and co-ordinating coaching programmes for young people.
- Experience of coaching in a wide range of environments including schools, club and community settings.
- Experience of working in a sports camp for young people
- Experience of organising sports competitions
The working day is 9am-4pm. You may be required on some days to attend breakfast club 8am-9am or after camp club 4pm-5pm. This will be allocated on a rotational basis. You will receive ½ hour unpaid break.
For informal discussion or more information about this role please contact Katie Lynch.