We can’t wait to welcome you back to the University sports facilities. Please check out the information below and feel free to let us know if we’ve missed anything.
STAY SAFE, STAY ACTIVE
The safety of our staff and users remains our highest priority, and we are confident that our enhanced cleaning and other health and safety measures taken will enable you to have a worry free, safe and enjoyable experience.
1. When will Sport Liverpool Facilities re-open?
The University Sports and Fitness Centre re-opened on Monday 12th April 2021.
Our online booking system is now live.
We are opening all sports services with the same COVID Secure measures in place prior to lockdown.
Opening times and activity timetables can be found on our Activity Timetables page.
2. What do I need to think about when planning a visit to the University Sports and Fitness Centre?
Staying safe is the responsibility of all of us so before you visit, please keep the following in mind:
- Please do not come to the club if you feel unwell and let us know if you or anyone in your household develop Covid-19 symptoms.
- At present, only members can use our facilities and all visits must be booked in advance through our website or by ringing our reception on 0151 794 3307. The booking service will be available from 9.00am on Wednesday 7th April (Online Booking Instructions)
- We are now operating a cashless payments system as part of the cashless campus.
- Please reduce to a minimum any personal belongings you bring into the centre.
- You will have a specific time slot for your visit so please arrive no more than 5 minutes early and help things to run safely and smoothly by leaving promptly when your session ends.
- Wherever possible, we encourage you to arrive at the centre ready-changed for your activity.
- Bring your own water bottle as taking water by mouth from our water fountains is not permitted at present.
- Please do not being your own towel to the gym until further notice. Disposable tissues will be provided.
- Help keep yourself safe by wiping down equipment before and after use and washing your hands frequently.
- There will be no shared swimming equipment available for use in the pool so if you wish to use a noodle or float, then please bring your own.
- Initially, hair dryers will not be available
- Please always keep social distancing in mind and leave plenty of space between yourself and other members.
- Please be patient, polite and observe all notices, but of course if you have feedback for us please contact us directly.
3. What other measures are you taking to make facilities safe?
We are a ‘Covid 19 secure’ venue to reflect the measures we have put in place to minimise the risk of infection and keep our members and staff safe.
All staff and members have a responsibility for creating a clean and safe environment for everyone and we have implemented the following measures to ensure we can all play our part:
- Training: Staff have undertaken additional cleaning training including Covid-19 awareness and Infection Control.
- Sanitisation stations: Hand and equipment sanitisation stations will be located throughout our facilities.
- Protection: We have installed plastic protective shields at reception desks and will be providing PPE for staff in line with Public Health England and University recommendations.
- Enhanced cleaning process: The centre and all equipment will be sanitised regularly throughout the day and will be deep cleaned during closure periods. We are asking members to supplement our enhanced regimes by cleaning each piece of equipment before and after their workout.
- Social distancing signage: This includes floor markers showing where to stand and directional signs indicating any one-way systems.
- Modified capacities for all activities: To avoid overcrowding, we will be limiting how many people will be able to use the gym, swimming pool and group exercise classes at any one time.
- Equipment: Gym equipment will be spaced for social distancing.
- Group fitness classes: Classes will be transferred into a sports hall and capacity reduced to adhere to social distancing.
- Shorter classes:Classes will be between 30 and 45 minutes to allow time for cleaning between classes.
- Fewer lockers: The number of lockers will be reduced to ensure that there is an appropriate distance between users.
- Fewer showers and cubicles: Where possible, we ask that people to arrive at the centre ready-changed and shower at home after their activity.
4. When will my membership restart?
Memberships restarted on Monday 12th April 2021.
5. What will be available when the facilities open?
Pool, gym and indoor sports facilitites are now avaliable.
Indoor group classes will recommence from week commencing the 7th June 2021. We will keep you updated as we plan for these activities to re-start
6. When will other University sports facilities open?
Greenbank Gym, Greenbank Playing Fields, Vine Court strength and conditioning facility and Wyncote Sports Grounds are now open inline with current restrictions.
7. When can the University student sports clubs start playing?
Outdoor sports are able to resume from March 29th 2021. Our clubs will resume outdoor training from April 12th. We will, of course, continue to be guided by the Government and National Governing Bodies of Sport regarding a safe return to play for all our clubs.
British University and Colleges Sport (BUCS) are looking to October 2021 for a full resumption of inter-university sport. It is hoped that cricket fixtures may take place from late April 2021 as well as local fixtures in some other sports.
8. Can I play 5-a-side football ?
No, unfortunately we do not yet have government approval to allow any indoor sports to be played. For 5-a-side football, the FA must first produce an acceptable plan for safe play.
9. Is there a time limit on my visit?
Initially, 60-minute time slots will be available for gym and swimming sessions. Group exercise classes will be 30 or 45 minutes. This will be kept under review.
10. Will I be able to use the facilities on a pay as you go basis?
We will be accepting Hussle users and non members. You will be required to register as normal through the Hussle website and pre-book by phoning 0151 794 3307. Contact details will be required incase track and trace is needed.
11. Do members need to wear face coverings? Face coverings must be worn when moving around facilities, between activities. Spare face coverings will be available at reception.
12. Will the car park be open, and can I still purchase one shot tickets?
The car park will be open as normal, but please be aware that more members may be using cars to travel to the campus during the pandemic. One shot tickets will be available. Please note, we will not be taking cash at present.
13. When will you be lifting the restrictions?
We will continue to follow guidance from the Government, Public Health England, UK Active and Swim England to make sure we keep you safe. We will ease restrictions when we have been advised that it is safe to do so.
14. Can I contact someone with a question about the re-opening plans?
If you were unable to find an answer to your question. Please contact Sport Liverpool at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Back to: Sport Liverpool