We will be re-opening gradually, and in a measured way. We will be making important changes to make sure our facilities are safe and ready when the time is right
We have been working with colleagues across the University and taking guidance from industry bodies to come up with a framework for safe practice.
Some of the measures we are putting in place include:
- We will reopen facilities and activities on a phased and manageable basis
- We will redeploy our resources to better support members and ensure additional cleaning
- We will introduce a meticulous cleaning procedure of all touch points
- We will increase the number of hyiene stations
- We have re-designed activity and movement to allow social distancing throughout our facilities
- We will introduce a pre-booking system for all activities, including access to the fitness suite, to maintain control of numbers on site in line with our reduced capacity for safe operation
- We will revise our exercise class timetable including staggered start/finish times to reduce the risk of congestion in the changing areas
- We will reduce the capacity limit for all activities to allow for social distancing
- Some activities have been moved to larger areas
- All fitness equipment for use to be spaced 2m apart
- We will look at the feasibility of introducing a cashless operation, initially accepting card/contactless payments only
- At least 10 minutes between classes to enable cleaning and reduce the risk of groups forming
- Measures taken to encourage better distancing in the changing areas
The current ruling on sport and leisure facilities is that we must remain closed until further notice.
We will keep you updated as government guidance changes.
If you have any questions about our re-opening plans. Please visit our Frequently asked questions page.
If you need to contact someone from Sport Liverpool. Please email email@example.com
Back to: Sport Liverpool