Personal Training Terms & Conditions
You are advised to read all information set out in these terms and conditions prior to booking sessions.
The Trainer's Obligations
The Trainer will:
- Use their skills and knowledge to design a safe programme of exercise to achieve the client’s goals.
- Take into account: the client's age, health, lifestyle, background, occupation, fitness levels, likes and dislikes related to exercise and personality.
- Endeavour to educate, motivate and inspire the Client to reach these goals.
- Provide the coaching, supervision, advice and support that the client will need to help them achieve their goals during each session.
- Credit the Client with an additional session if they cancel a session with less than 24 hours’ notice or fail to provide an acceptable replacement Trainer.
- Lead by example and give 100% commitment.
- Be completely honest with the Client if the goals are unattainable.
Note: Your Trainer may require a letter of 'medical clearance' from your GP depending on your health status. (Please be aware that your GP may charge for providing this letter)
Note: Your Trainer cannot be held liable in any way for undeclared or unknown medical conditions.
The Client's Obligations
The Client will:
- Complete a Health Assessment before commencing any exercise programme.
- Provide all information needed to achieve their goals, and if the Trainer requires, provide further medical information from a practitioner.
- Arrive 10 minutes early to warm up and stay 10 minutes after to cool down and stretch. If the trainer/coach is dispensing dietary advice then this will take place during the session time.
- Wear appropriate clothing and footwear. Clothing should be loose fitting and non-restrictive. Footwear should be comfortable and provide adequate support.
- Commit to the programme to achieve the desired results.
- Provide 24 hours’ notice to re-arrange a session.
Session Cancellation Policy
- 24 hours’ notice of cancellation by the Client is required for all appointments. Providing less than 24 hours’ notice on more than one occasion will result in the loss of that session fee.
- If the client is late for a session the Trainer will endeavour to extend the time allotted to the session. If the session cannot be extended it will end at the appointed time.
- If the client arrives more than 20 minutes late for a scheduled appointment, the session will not take place and will result in the loss of that session fee.
- If the trainer is late additional time will be added to the session or to subsequent sessions.
Fee Charging Policy
- One, three or five sessions can be booked. Payment must be made at the time of booking. All sessions must be used within 10 weeks of the purchase date, after this period the sessions will be lost. This period can be extended due to injury or illness when a doctor’s note can be presented.
Contract Cancellation & Refunds Policy
- If you decide to cancel your chosen package in advance of your first session you will receive a full refund which can be arranged at the Sports & Fitness Centre reception.