We love seeing people get active in any form and our Active Campus programmes offer a wide range of activities to encourage people of all abilities to participate and get moving.
We think it’s important that sport and physical activity is accessible to everyone, which is why our programme offers a more relaxed, social and friendly feel to getting active.
Campus Sport is our sport participation programme, offering weekly organised leagues to students and staff, in a number of different sports.
Turn Up & Play
Our Turn-Up & Play programme allows students and staff to take part in a fantastic range of activities during the week, from Badminton to Futsal; there is something for everyone to enjoy with no committment or obligation to turn up every week.
Run With Us
Please note these sessions are not operating throughout the summer. Sessions will recommence soon.
These sessions are suited to all abilities, whether you're a complete beginner, an occasional jogger, or an experienced runner looking to challenge yourself. Each activity will be led by a qualified Run Leader. The Run With Us sessions are free of charge for both students and staff. You do not need to be a member of the Sports and Fitness Centre to take part so we welcome you to bring along friends or colleagues who are non-members.
What will I do at a session?
The sessions will:
- Increase your activity level/fitness
- Help you make some new connections across campus
- Enable you to stay active with no commitment
- Help you work towards your own personal goals with other people who are at a similar stage on their running journey
When and where are the sessions?
These sessions will commence soon, please check back for updates.
Each run will begin outside the Sports and Fitness Centre.
To sign up to any of the sessions, please contact the Sports and Fitness Centre on 0151 794 3307, email email@example.com or visit the Sport and Fitness Centre in person. Places for each session are limited.
Walking for Health
Walking for Health is a regular programme where Staff and Students can take part in varied walking routes on and off campus for 30-45 minutes, twice a week.
- Every Monday at 1pm. Meeting at the Sports Centre.
- Every Wednesday at 12pm. Meeting at the Sports Centre.
Walking for 30 minutes or more a day can:
- Prevent illness such as heart disease, cancer, stroke and diabetes
- Aid weight loss
- Improve self-esteem, mood and sleep quality
- Reduce stress, anxiety and fatigue
- Aid overall physical and mental wellbeing
No need to sign up! Just turn up on the day. If you haven't participated in any walks before you will need to complete a short form. Ask one of the walk leaders on arrival.
For more information visit Walking for Health