Teaching and Learning
I am an experienced PhD supervisor (x8 to completion) and PhD External Examiner (x11) and I particularly welcome applications from prospective students under the following indicative areas (although please do feel free to pitch a topic to me):
- Dark Net/Crypto drug markets (or other dark net trading)
- Illicit drug markets (various aspects of)
- Illicit drug use (various aspects of)
- The intersection of crime, law and and public health (in relation to drug use or supply)
- Symbolic policing
- Fear of crime
- Sociology of fear
- Cross-cultural public spitting
- The use of steroids and other image and performance enhancing drugs (by either professionals or non-professionals)
- Cheneal Puljevic (PhD - submitted March 2018) - Griffith University [‘Through Publication’ mode – x8 publications included in thesis].
- Michael Chatway (PhD - submitted Feb 2018) - Griffith University [‘Through Publication’ mode – x5 publications included in thesis].
- Andrew Childs – commenced March 2017 – Griffith University.