Postgraduate Research Opportunities
According to 2010/11 HEFCE data, University of Liverpool is projected to have an 86.3% PhD completion rate, which is second highest in the Russell Group.
We offer extraordinary PhD and training opportunities across the science and engineering spectrum, with excellent links and career prospects with industry partners in a supportive and vibrant academic environment. We welcome International students and support can be found on the central International Students website.
Our current Postgraduate opportunities are grouped under our Disciplines, Doctoral Training Schemes and Institutes:
- Computer Science
- Earth, Ocean and Ecological Sciences
- Electrical Engineering and Electronics
- Centre for Engineering Dynamics (Engineering)
- Centre for Engineering Sustainability (Engineering)
- Centre for Materials and Structures (Engineering)
- Geography and Planning
- Mathematical Sciences
Doctoral Training Schemes
If you are considering a PhD, our Doctoral Training Schemes offer you extraordinary training opportunities, as well as excellent links and career prospects with leading industry partners. Find out more
- Institute for Financial and Actuarial Mathematics
- Institute for Risk and Uncertainty
- Stephenson Institute for Renewable Energy
Alternatively, studentships can also be found on our University job vacancy pages.