PhD studentships available at the Institute for Risk and Uncertainty are listed below.
Centre Doctorate training in Risk and Uncertainty (commencing February 2019)
These projects are part of the multi-disciplinary EPSRC and ESRC Centre for Doctoral Training in Quantification and Management of Risk & Uncertainty in Complex Systems & Environments, within the Institute for Risk and Uncertainty. The studentships are granted for 3 years. The projects include extensive collaboration with prime industry to build an optimal basis for employability.
- Machine Learning approaches for robust analysis of complex systems (Engineering / Computer Science)
- Vulnerability of coastal infrastructures under climate change/a> (Enviromental Science / Engineering)
These projects are part of the European Innovative Training Networks. For more information about the project see https://riskinstitute.uk/researchprojects/urbasis/
- Uncertainty characterisation of ground motion from large earthquakes in urban areas (Engineering / Geophysics)
- Dealing with vague and sparse information using machine learning: application to earthquake load characterization (Engineering / Enviromental Science Geophysics)
- Modelling Ground-motion from Induced Seismicity in Urban Areas (Enviromental Science/ Engineering / Geophysics)