We can help you to:
- Turn around new products and services quickly, from research and testing to advising on implementation
- Connect with world-leading experts in areas such as advanced materials, infectious diseases, digital, personalised health, heritage and more
- Access our Knowledge Exchange Centres, bringing together the right resources and facilities to discover real solutions and develop practical applications
- Create opportunities for collaboration and access funding opportunities to boost innovation
There are various ways to work with us from consultancy to student placements, read more here.
Our flagship centres
Our key centres are underpinned by interdisciplinary world-leading researchers, and our laboratories and workshops are fully equipped with the latest cutting-edge research instrumentation, managed by highly trained staff.
The UK’s leading centre of virtual engineering technology integration for industrial and commercial applications. Expertise in the development of digital platforms enables you to harness emerging technology, foster innovation and drive growth in your business. Our Covid-19 ‘Restart Digital’ offer includes:
- Digital planning and communication tools e.g. LIDAR factory scanning and modelling to create a ‘digital twin’ of your premises
- Digital and remote operations e.g. techniques to access data from plant remotely to mobile devices
- Data insights and intelligence e.g. access to digital technologies ecosystem for advice and support.
Accelerating materials discovery and product development through colocation of industry and academia, and the use of robots and high-performance computing. Our services include:
- Access to our world-class analytical suite and automated formulation equipment with a dedicated technical team
- Use of cutting-edge automated lab equipment to gain competitive advantage through smarter, faster and more precise ways of working
- Engaging with our academic excellence to solve industry challenges.
A partnership between the University of Liverpool and the Liverpool School of Tropical Medicine which provides a single point of access into a broad infectious diseases expertise base in Liverpool for translational activity. CEIDR works directly with companies and can help you move discovery research into an effective innovation pipeline.
Providing you with flexible access to world-class equipment and expertise through academically led Shared Research Facilities. We support a wide range of research projects, including:
- Cell Imaging - A broad array of the latest microscopy technologies provides unique insights into the inner workings of live cells
- MRI - One of the few fully equipped research MRI facilities in the UK. We provide all the supporting infrastructure and expertise to perform MRI on human subjects
- NMR Metabolomics - The ability to tell minute differences in the chemical composition of biological samples like blood and urine. Ideal for diagnostic tests.
A global hub for the development of sensor and IoT technologies. The University Enterprise Zone provides rapid prototype development helping SMEs to de-risk innovation and more confidently embrace digital technologies, strengthening and ultimately future-proofing their operations. Our services include:
- Funded support for SMEs - Partial State Aid support for eligible companies and projects in Liverpool City Region
- Complete rapid prototyping service, from initial design to production, testing and diagnostics.
If you’d like to find out more our opportunities or discuss how we can create a support package specific to your needs, please get in touch.
Back to: Research