I'm a psychologist and epidemiologist interested in understanding the causal nature of associations between lifestyle behaviours and mental health. In particular I am interested in the impact of recreational drug use on mental health, and vice versa. I have been a lecturer here since January 2017.
I obtained my PhD from the University of Bristol in 2014, where I also worked as a researcher both before and after my PhD studies. I have a BSc in psychology and an MSc in cognitive neuropsychology from UCL.
- Ockham Award - Best Podcast (The Skeptic Magazine 2015)
- Basic Science Network Travel Award (Society for Research in Nicotine and Tobacco 2015)
- Media Fellowship with BBC Science (Competitive Fellowship, British Science Association 2013)
- Public Communication Award (British Association for Psychopharmacology 2013)
- UK Science Blog Prize (Good Thinking Society 2012)
- Convocation Award (University of Bristol Alumni Network 2012)