I am Professor of Psychology and Head of School in the the School of Psychology at the University of Liverpool. The major focus of my work is the psychology of later life including the interplay between physical and mental health and social relationships. I am an expert in marital status, widowhood, bereavement and ecological resilience, particularly in informal caregiving. I am also interested in breastfeeding and early parenthood.
- Lecture (Invitation to Speak, St Thomas University, Canada 2011)
- Public Lecture (Invitation to Speak, St Thomas University, Canada 2010)
- Lecture (Invitation to Speak, Ohio State University 2010)
- Invited symposium (Invitation to Speak, International Society for Critical Health Psychology 2005)
- Leverhulme Fellowship (Competitive Fellowship, The Leverhulme Trust 2003)
- Director of MPsycholSci Master of Psychological Sciences