I am a Psychologist and Lecturer based in the Department of Psychology. My teaching and research focuses on older adult health psychology, specifically resilience, dementia and informal caregiving. I have extensive experience teaching research methods and statistics, specialising in qualitative methods. I am the Institutional sub-theme lead for Heritage and Wellbeing research. I am the Departmental Disability Lead and Student Carer Lead for the Department of Psychology. I am a member of the British Society of Gerontology and the Gerontological Society of America. I am a Senior Fellow of Advance HE (formerly the Higher Education Academy) and Chartered Member of the British Psychological Society.
Prizes or Honours
- Greatest Contribution to the Student Experience (University of Liverpool Staff Awards, 2020)
- Academic Advisor of the Year (University of Liverpool, 2019)
- Most Inspiring Member of Staff (Shortlist) (University of Liverpool , 2018)
- Lecturer of the Year (Nomination) (University of Liverpool, 2017)
- Dennis Basil Bromley Prize for High Academic Achievement in Psychological Aspects of Human Ageing (University of Liverpool, 2012)