22nd - 23rd March 2022
Schwartz Rounds are a multidisciplinary forum for health and social care staff to come together, discuss and reflect on the personal aspects of caring for people, in particular the emotional and social challenges associated with their work. Funded by Health Education England (North), the University of Liverpool has been working with nine universities in the North of England to enable them to run Schwartz Rounds, in collaboration with the Point of Care Foundation (PoCF).
This conference will provide an opportunity for all universities across the UK to learn more about running Schwartz Rounds for students. You will hear from different universities already running Schwartz Rounds, find out what is involved in running Rounds and embedding them into your institution and take part in a live Round.
The conference will be a face-to-face event, held at the Liverpool Medical Institution in Liverpool. It will run across two days and will include conference presentations, interactive workshops, as well as time to reflect and network with other members of the Schwartz HEI community.
Start - Tuesday 22 March 2022, 11am
End - Wednesday 23 March 2022, 2pm
The first day will finish with a celebratory dinner at the Victoria Gallery and Museum.
Liverpool Medical Institution, 114 Mount Pleasant, Liverpool, L3 5SR.
There will be a keynote talk from Professor Faye Gishen, Interim Director of University of College London - Medical School on 'My Schwartz Journey (and what I've learned about life along the way)'. Read more about the conference's keynote by downloading Professor Gishen's biography.
Take a look at the Schwartz Rounds Conference - Final Programme for more details.
We have some fantastic submissions from the Schwartz North HEI network, along the theme 'Our Schwartz Journey'. Click on the links below to download and view them.
- Manchester Metropolitan University: Navigating emotional discussions in digital spaces
- Newcastle University: Students as panellists at Schwartz Rounds
- University of Central Lancashire: Implementation of Schwartz Rounds at the University of Central Lancashire
- University of Liverpool: The Schwartz Round Journey at the University of Liverpool
- University of Manchester: Reflection in the time of COVID: Moving from Schwartz Rounds to Team Time
- University of York: "Stories from Schwartz" - experience of embedding Schwartz Rounds in a university setting
During the conference we asked delegates to tweet their thoughts, comments and reflections using the hashtag #Schwartz4Students. Download the collated tweets from the conference and be part of the conversation: Schwartz4Students tweets
Image from 'Compassion Art Exhibition' courtesy of Elna Moodie Art:
Back to: Institute of Population Health