Physics with Education MPhys
Initial application for this programme is through either of our MPhys courses (Physics F303, or Astrophysics F521) or our BSc courses (Physics F300, Physics and Astronomy F3F5). There are two optional modules available for students on these programmes that will provide them with experience of working with school aged audiences.
Application and transfer on to this programme is in year 2 of study.
Additional entry requirements for MPHYS Physics with Education (with recommendation for QTS).
This is an opt-in programme for our existing students. Students will apply for the programme in writing and interview for a place on the degree in their second year. Interviews will be conducted by University of Liverpool and Liverpool John Moores University (LJMU) staff. The interviews for will take place at LJMU.
Applicants will also meet the following criteria as a minimum:
• Have an average of 55% in the Level 5 (year 2) physics modules
• Have at least a grade C or above in GCSE English and Maths or their equivalent
• Have passed the government literacy and numeracy tests
• Have a secure DBS clearance held by Liverpool John Moores University
• Pass the Occupational Health Check